Friday, July 11, 2014

ULTA's Get Ready for the Party Color Collection Review

Share it Please
            I recently had a little shopping trip to ULTA's  and got the ULTA Get Ready for the Party Color Collection. Basically it's a collection of beauty products that are sold at ULTA that they put together in a set with a similar theme. These sets tend to run cheaper then if you were to buy each product individually. Often these type of sets include trial, deluxe, and/or full sized products.
    This set cost me $7.98. It was originally $30 but was on sale/clearance for $9.97 and I had a 20% off one item coupon making it the $7.98 I paid for it. It included four full sized products, a deluxe sample sized product, and a trial sized product.



The Items:
1. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Rosie Lee
    Full Size .4fl oz

    I actually put this nail polish over Pop Beauty's Nail Glam in Cute Coral. The polish is a glittery pinkish-rose color. It applied smooth and two coats made for an excellent accent nail. I love that this nail polish is 3 Free (No Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP Color, and carcinogens). The square top pops off to show the handle of the brush. I love the packaging on this product. If Butter London nail lacquer's weren't so expensive I'd definitely get a lot more. For a glitter nail polish it was extremely easy to get off the nail.

2. Laura Geller City Lights Lip Gloss
    Full Size .254fl oz

    This product is a clear gloss with gold and shimmery flecks infused. It has a mirror on the packaging for easier application. It smells like pretty good, not too horrid of a stench. However, the packaging and the product itself reminds me greatly of lipgloss I used in middle school back in 2002-2005. I probably won't get much use out of this product, however it might be a good highlighter for putting a little bit in the middle of the lip for some extra sheen. I love the Laura Geller mascara but this lip gloss was quite a bit of a disappointment.

3. Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
    Deluxe Sample Size .19oz (full size is .53oz)

    I've been using e.l.f cosmetic's eye primer for the longest time. Seriously for only $1 it's pretty effective. However, I've been wanting to try a name brand and possibly higher quality eye primer. I like this just fine, but I don't find that it does anything special for me personally. However, I will definitely use it up.

4. Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Pink Champagne
    Full Size .06oz

    Wow! I am in love with this eye shadow. The color is gorgeous and the texture is fabulous. This is my first time using a product by Napoleon Perdis. I can definitely see myself paying the extra money for eye dust by this brand as long as I'm sure I'll use the color

5. Pür Minerals Mineral Glow
    Full Size .12oz

    This isn't a product that I'm absolutely in love with. However, it does add a nice little glow to my skin. It's meant to be a bronzer but I find that it really just adds some sparkle to my own personal color. Might work better for others.

6. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! 4-in-1 Mascara

    Trial Size .1fl oz (full size is .24oz)
    To be honest I don't see all the hype of this product. To be honest I would rather pay the extra $4 for my Laura Geller GlamLASH mascara. I know it's not one for everyone but I've found that it's the best for my personal lashes plus I love the brush on that. However, I'm glad this was a trial size so I didn't have to pay $10 or $20 for the full size only to find out I didn't like it. I will keep trying it to see if I fall in love with it after a few uses.

Final Thoughts
    I absolutely love the eye shadow and nail polish, the colors are great and the quality is great too. The Lorac eye primer is nice but it's not something I think I'll repurchase this product. Also I wasn't a huge fan of the Tarte mascara and the Laura Geller lip gloss. However, the two products I'm in love with cost $40 if I had bought them separately at full price, so this was definitely worth it. I will definitely use the other products up (except possibly the lip gloss).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author