Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Products I Won't Repurchase

Share it Please
            So for today’s post I figured I would do something along the lines of “Products I Regret Buying”. Except, I don’t really regret buying these products so much as I won’t repurchase them. Most of the products I’m going to show are one’s from brands that I absolutely love but didn’t care for a certain product or two.
            Please note that these are personal preferences, these could work beyond amazing for you. They just didn’t work for me personally due to a multitude of different reasons.


Non-Makeup Products:

5th Avenue Fashionista – Cleansing & Makeup Remover Towelettes with Blackberry Extract
            $3.99 – 60 Towelettes




            These aren’t horrible however, for me they caused my made my face sting after using them. They weren’t the best at getting make-up off my face. I much prefer my Neutrogena makeup remover wipes. However, I’m not going to let these go to waste. Although they sting my face they don’t sting my hands and arms. So I’ve actually been using them recently to remove makeup from swatches that I’ve done. They get that makeup off amazingly. I do love that these are only $4 at my local TJ Maxx as compared to my Neutrogena wipes which are $5.97 for 25.





Neutrogena’s Oil Free Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner
            $5.97 – 8oz
     




            I wanted to love this product so bad. I was looking for a toner in about December or so, when I came across this. College was extremely stressful at that time due to finals. As I mentioned before I love my Neutrogena wipes, so I figured I’d give this a try. It didn't help my skin at all. I don’t blame this product though and I’m sure it works great for some people; however, I've recently come to realize that Salicylic Acid treatments don’t work for me. If they work for you I imagine this is a great toner.






Neutrogena’s Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser
            $6.97 – 6oz



            Again this was a product I wanted to love. I had planned on using this in conjunction with the toner. However, this product was absolutely horrible for me. The first time I used it before I could even wash it off my face stung and I had red splotches all over my cheeks. Now I will say this now that is not a common reaction! It was through this product that I learned that I have an allergy to aloe. When I get sunburnt I always had a stinging sensation to aloe but I figured it was just because of the burn. Since I didn’t have a sunburnt face, it quickly became apparent that it was actually an allergy. So please don’t think this is a bad product I just have funky allergies that hindered my ability to fairly judge/love this product.





Ayers Patagonia Body Butter
            $28 – 6.75oz (One pictured is 1oz costings ≈ $4.15)

            If you read my earlier Glossybox Unboxing post you’ll know that I wasn’t really sure about this product. I’ve been using it now for about 3 weeks. It was a small sample size so if I wanted to use it enough to notice a difference I had to use a small amount in a small place. I have a couple dry spots on my biceps and figured that would be a good place to try it. I’ve found that it moisturizes okay, but my regular lotions work just as well. I also can’t stand the smell. It’s overpowering and smells like a product I’d get complimentary at a hotel. This might work for others and they might like the smell more. However, I would rather get the Tree Hut Body Butter for $5.88 for a 7oz then this.


Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo
            $4.99 – 4.9oz (One pictured is 1.7oz ≈ $1.73)






            I got this in a Target Beauty Box back in March. The box cost me $5 and I was excited to try this because I was looking for a new dry shampoo. In all honesty I didn’t love this it was hard to blend in to my brown hair and my hair felt greasy even after using it. I do love that it has no dyes or parabens in it. It might work for others but it just didn’t work out for me.






Equate Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
            $3.97 – 5.5oz




            I bought this because I wanted to try the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover but thought that maybe the off-brand would work just as well. To be honest it didn’t work at all for me. It left my face feeling oily and greasy and I had to wash my face right away. The thing I noticed about this and the Neutrogena one is that even though they say “oil-free” there is a separation between water and what looks to be oil or grease of some sort. You have to shake the bottle before using. I was quite disappointed by this product because it couldn’t even take off my non-waterproof mascara.





Wet’n’Wild Eye Makeup Remover
            $1.99 - 3oz





            I bought this one after finding out that the Equate one didn’t work for me. This one didn’t have a separation between the water and other liquid and truly seems oil-free. The reason that I won’t purchase this again is that it stings my eyes really bad when I use it. However, it did a much better job at getting off my mascara then the Equate one did.







Aussie Sprunch Hairspray
            $3.43 - 8.5oz





            I was going through an Aussie kick where I only used Aussie products in my hair a few months back. I bought this product because I have natural curly/wavy hair and wanted to keep it looking natural all day instead of losing its curl part way through the day due to humidity or leaning against a headrest. This was horrible with my hair. It made it feel crunchy and made my freshly washed hair look greasy. I don’t have naturally greasy hair until day 2-3 after a wash, so it making my hair greasy was a disappointment.






Aussie Hair Insurance Heat Protecting Hair Spray
            $3.43 – 8.5oz





            I really do hate doing two products by one brand in this type of post however; I could not, not mention this one. I wanted to love this because it smells amazing and is fairly inexpensive; however it left my hair feeling weird. I can’t really explain it, it wasn't greasy but it felt like a film of product had been left on my hair. This was after I straightened it and combed it out. Granted I love some other Aussie products a lot like their deep conditioner, so it’s just a couple products that didn't do it for me.


Makeup Products:


NYC Smooth Skin Fini Parfait BB Créme 5-in-1 in Light
            $3.59-$3.99 (Depends on store) – 1oz
            I don’t hate this product I just don’t think it does anything for me personally. As you can see by the swatch it looks to be much lighter than my skin when the product hasn’t been blended in. The product has a liquid almost watery texture to it. After blending it in it doesn’t really change my skin tone or give me any coverage. It’s basically a tinted moisturizer but not as moisturizing. I have heard this works great for some women, however, I much prefer my Garnier B.B. Cream.

NYC Sun 2 Sun Bronzing Powder
            $4.47 - .22oz
            This is one that a friend actually recommended to me. I was looking for a good bronzer that wouldn’t go to waste when I got tanner in the summer. So my friend recommended this because of the two different shades. However, as you can kind of see from the swatches the one on the right is so dark that it looks like dirt on my skin. The lighter side was the one I was more excited for but in all honest was even worse on the dark side. You can see the chunks of product in the swatch. I’d love to say that it was the little hairs on the back of my hand but that was straight up product. Like I said my friend loved this product, but it was a huge miss for me.

NYC HD Trio Eye Shadow in Blues Café
$2.74-$2.99 - .15oz
I wanted so much to love this. The colors in the trio are gorgeous, but not once you swatch them or try to use them. The swatches on my fingers make the product look pretty pigmented, but it’s deceiving. The silver color on the finger swatch was so chalky that I had to rub my finger a couple times to get the product to stay for a picture. From the swatch on my hand you can see that the silver and gold colors barely show up. In all honesty I had to do two coats for each of those for them to become that pigmented. The blue was a single coat and while not as pigmented as I had wanted it to be isn’t too bad. I’ll definitely use the blue with other eye shadows that I own because it’s honestly not that bad. The other two probably won’t get much use.

I hate that I have three NYC products on here, because I absolutely love their Expert Last Lipsticks. However, you get what you pay for.

Physician’s Formula Natural Wear 100% Natural Origin Blush
            $1 – .19oz (I got it at the Dollar Tree) on their site it’s $11.95
            When I saw this at the Dollar Tree for $1 I was shocked. Physician’s Formula is not a cheap drugstore brand, and an organic product is even more expensive. So I bought it without thinking. Can I just say that for the swatch it took me three rubs to get any of it to appear. As you can tell there is no swatch on my hand. This is because the product simply does not show up on my skin. The only way is if I try and use it wet. Even then it’s barely noticeable. I’m going to try and smash this product up and see if that might pull the pigments out more but I’m not holding my breath.

Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil
            $13 - .04oz
            I have heard amazing things about this eye brow pencil. So when I got it in an Ipsy bag I was excited to try it out. I’ve been using the Jordana Fabubrow eyebrow pencil ($3) for a few months now and absolutely love it. However, I wanted to try a higher-end pencil to see if it made a difference. Now this says universal but no matter how lightly I do strokes to fill in my brows they look ridiculously dark afterwards, even after I try blending it out. I also found the pencil is very harsh against my skin, making it hurt again without using that much pressure. This works for most people just not me.

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Faint for Fuchsia
$5.94-$7.94 - .11oz

To be honest I only have myself to blame for this one. I got this about a year ago and didn’t really do any research into it. I should have guessed by the name that this would be a sheer/translucent lipstick. I’ve always loved Fuchsia lipsticks thus my excitement to try this. However, it’s too translucent to give me very much color on my lips. I can’t say that it doesn’t do what it says it will because it does. If you’re looking for a translucent lipstick that gives you a dash of color I would suggest this. That’s not what I personally like which is why this is on my list.

Final Thoughts:

            A lot of these are good products they just either aren’t my taste or don’t work for me. I will probably use these products up even though they aren’t my favorites. However, I won’t be repurchasing them. I’d definitely suggest some of them to you if they are more your style because we all have different preferences and some of these I just didn’t like because I like a similar product better. I love products from all these companies, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not a huge fan of these particular products.

♥♥♥,
Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author