Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ipsy Unboxing/Review

Share it Please
            So exciting news my Ipsy bag came in today! I look forward to this package every month. So for those who don’t know what Ipsy is, it’s a beauty subscription service that costs $10 a month. Each month you get a pink bubble-envelope in the mail (normally around the 10th-20th) and inside is your Ipsy bag. The Ipsy bag is a makeup bag that changes designs every month. So you pull out your bag and open it up, and there are 4-5 sample or even full-sized beauty products inside!
            The reason I like this subscription and other beauty subscriptions is because it allows you to try brands and products that you might not have known existed or wanted to try but couldn’t afford the full sized product or find the product near you. Now you don’t get to pick what products you get. You fill out a survey and based on that they try to pick the best products from that month that fit your profile. Each product has a survey on the Ipsy site so you can review it so Ipsy gets a better understanding of what you like and dislike. This isn’t a guarantee you won’t get a product you dislike in the future.
            If you’d like to try this subscription service or learn more about it click this link! If you sign-up there is normally a wait period to get on the subscription list. http://www.ipsy.com/r/6ayj

The Package:
Here's the bubble-envelope that it comes in! I love how pink and girly it is!

The Bag:
So this is a very bright pink color and I absolutely love the coloring. I’m still unsure about the design but hey it’s unique! It's not a perfect design but to be honest between this and all the products combined this is my favorite thing that came in the envelope.


The Products:
1.      BareMinerals - 5-in-1 Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow in Barely Nude

To be honest I was excited to try this product out. I love bareMinerals lipsticks and haven't really ventured to other products of theirs due to the price. However, this sample is about the size of a flash drive, including the cap. As you can see from the swatch it's a very nude color, and in all honestly looks like a foundation. I loved the texture of it, very creamy and smooth. However, when I went to blend it on my hand it completely disappeared. This is definitely not a product I could wear by itself as an eyeshadow.

2.      Clear Clinic Laboratories - Vanished Clear Spot Treatment

I wasn't really excited about this product and possibly even less excited now. I've been using a Benzoyl Peroxide acne treatment because Salicylic Acid treatments weren't working. The worst part of this is that it smells just like Windex. I feel like I'll be putting a clear version of Windex on my face. However, I will give this product a shot in hopes that it's a miracle product that works. However, it should be noted that this sample is actually bigger then the bareMinerals sample.

3.      Pixi – Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink

I don't know what's with Ipsy this month sending mini-sizes. When I saw that I was getting this product through my glam room on Ipsy, I was slightly excited. There were two possible colors you could get this shade or Pretty in Pink. I was really hoping for the Pretty in Pink shade because it's a darker color. I have extremely pale skin and light pinks tend to look horrible with my skin tone. When I swatched it on my hand you can barely see the tint so I'm hoping that it just makes my lips look glossy.

4.      Pur~lisse - Pur~protect Essential Daily Moisturizer SPF 30

Honestly I wasn't excited for this product. A sunscreen doesn't seem very exciting beauty wise. However, now that I've had it, I'm a lot more excited. I've been using a Neutrogena stick sunscreen for awhile and while it works it leaves my face feeling greasy. On the front of the packaging it says that this product is for normal-dry skin, which is what I have. As I said earlier I'm extremely pale which means that I burn horribly. This does smell like sunscreen but if it works then I'm more than willing to pay for a full size.
5.      Models Own – Nail Polish in Red Sea

I wasn't really excited about this product. Though to be fair this is the only full-sized product in the bag. It's a opaque red with large glitter flakes. It's not really my style, but I'm willing to try it out and hope that it looks and works better then I'm anticipating it to.

Final Thoughts
Overall I'm not impressed by Ipsy this month. The bag is a great color but compared to previous bags seems cheap. Other than the nail polish all of the samples are extremely tiny. The only thing that I'm really excited about is the sunscreen. Hopefully next month will be better. However, this is officially my 12th Ipsy. Next month will be the full year mark of my subscription with Ipsy.
If you got and Ipsy bag I hope you liked it a lot more then I liked my own. If you're interested in subscribing to Ipsy check the link above.

♥♥♥,
Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author