Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ipsy - December 2014

Share it Please
This month's Ipsy theme is "Thinking of You". Ipsy is a subscription service that costs $10 a month. I pay for this subscription with my own money. Some months I absolutely love my bag, others I like only a couple pieces, and some I just don't like at all. This month I think it's probably more of a like. I think I will absolutely adore two of the products and the other three are just okay. I do love that you always get a makeup bag with Ipsy because they are so cute.


The Bag:
I’m slightly in love with this bag. It’s a typical makeup bag with a zipper on the top and will be perfect for holding my brushes when I’m traveling. I love that it’s a classic black but has a dark pink zipper and a dark pink Ipsy heart keychain.

BWC Facial Cleanser:
            $2.81 - Sample Size - 2 fl. oz.
This facial cleanser is from a company called Beauty Without Cruelty. The packaging calls it a premium aromatherapy facial cleanser and is good for normal to oily skin. I probably won’t use this till summer because that’s when I tend to get more normal-oily versus my winter normal-dry.  This is 100% vegan-vegetarian, which I think is really awesome since there are people out there that want that type of thing in their skin care routine.

Pixi Fairy Dust in Brightening Bare:
            $10 - Full Size - .02 oz.
I love the cute little packaging on this. It’s not the most efficient but I quite like it. I love that the color is the perfect nude for blending. It does have some shimmer in it but not too much. I think this will be the perfect color for a natural eye look as well as a possible crease color.

NYX Butter Lip Balm in Red Velvet:
            $4.00 - Full Size - .14 oz.
This has a bit of a fruity plastic scent but I can’t think of what it exactly is. It gives a little splash of color but not a lot. I love NYX Butter lipgloss so I’m hoping that since this is a butter product that it will be just as good. I do like the color they gave me, it’s a “pure red” according to Ipsy’s site. Although I would have been with any of them but Marshmallow which is a nude, because I’m assuming it would have a semi-marshmallow smell and I don’t look particularly well in nude colors.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes:
            $10 - Sample Size - .1 fl. oz.
I’ve had this mascara before from a gift set that I bought on sale over the summer. I personally am on the fence on this mascara. It’s decent but I much prefer the Urban Decay Perversion mascara. I just don’t find this to do the particular things that I’m looking for and it’s definitely not black enough for my liking.

Crease/Shadow Brush by Crown Brush:
            $6.99 - Full Size

I think this is the thing I’m most excited about in this particular Ipsy bag. I only own e.l.f. brushes. I’ve heard good things about Crown Brush so I’m excited to try this out. I also love that this is a duo-ended brush that goes amazingly for the eyes. I love how soft this brush is. I know that crown brush goes on sale often on Hautelook.com so I might have to invest in brushes from them if I end up loving this like I think I will.

Overall Opinion:
Overall it’s not the best bag I've ever received but I like it well enough. If I had bought everything separately it would have cost me $33.80. Like I said I’m extremely excited about receiving the duo-ended eye brush. I can always use more mascara so I’m perfectly fine with receiving the Tarte one because I’m almost out of my current mascara and I prefer having trial sized ones because I use one of those up in about three months. The lip butter is okay it’s not something I’m massively excited about. I think the fairy dust is interesting I’m excited to try it out. I’m not sure about the facial cleanser but I think I’ll like it for traveling in the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author