Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Frosty VoxBox Preview

Share it Please
So I went onto Influenster.com today to check reviews on some various Rimmel products because I have 2 coupons for $1 off a Rimmel product and am not sure exactly what I want to get (I already have four foundations by them {one complimentary from Influenster}). Anyways I noticed that I had a new VoxBox, which made me extremely excited, because I did the pre-qualifying survey a couple weeks ago. So I clicked into thinking it was probably just a virtual one (which is also uber-awesome), but it turns out I’m getting a physical one, aka the Frosty VoxBox!





1. Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
            4.2oz - $3.97 (Walmart)
Eek!!! I’m so excited about this. I’m almost out of my favorite eye makeup remover (Neutrogena) and my other one burns my eyes (Wet N Wild). I’m so excited to get this and I’m hoping that it works and doesn’t burn my eyes. It’s got mixed reviews on Influenster, but I’ve found that products work differently for each person, so maybe I’ll absolutely love it. I also love the price point.

2. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
          $3.97 (Walmart)
There’s only one review on Influenster about this product. I’ve never actually tried a Rimmel eyeliner before, it was actually one of the items I was debating purchasing. I’m getting back into eyeliners, I took about 6 months off from wearing them but I’ve recently started getting back into them and I want a nice drugstore option that’s waterproof, so I’m hoping I love this!

3. NYC New York Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum
            $1.96 (Walmart)
So in one of the first VoxBoxes I received from Influenster I got one of these lipsticks but in the color Forever Fuchsia. OMG do I love these lipsticks, since I got that first one I’ve bought two more. They are so pigmented and gorgeous. The only downside is how drying they are because they have a more matte finish. So I tend to use a little bit of lip balm underneath to keep it from drying out my lips. I don’t own Sugar Plum but I’m excited to try it out! From what I can tell it’s a brownish plum color.

4. Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Tea
            20 Bags - $3.39 (celestialseasonings.com)
I’m horrible when it comes to tea. I want to drink more of it and I know its much healthier then coffee products and pop. I just can never get over the taste of it being flavored water. I don’t drink anything that tastes like it’s been watered down (fruit water is my enemy and I hate watermelon). So I’m not as excited about this. I’m thinking I will get maybe a packet or two of tea. I will definitely try it but if I don’t care for it, I have family members that do drink tea and I’m sure they will love it!

5. Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Advanced Serum & Intense Version
Regular 1oz. - $20.99 Intense 1oz. - $24.97 (Full Size prices on Walgreens.com)
I’m not sure if I’m getting just one or both of these. Either way I’m kind of excited because I love anything that will help with anti-aging (I like to start early even though I’m 23 and look 17). I don’t think I’ll get to see the results that come with these simply because it’s a sample size and a lot of products take a couple/few weeks to actually begin to see results, plus its anti-aging so I don’t think I’d see results for a while anyways. Still I’m excited to try this!

6. McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme
            .62oz - $4.98 (Walmart)
I’m sorry this just seems random in this box, everything else is pretty much beauty related or able to be tested by itself. I feel like McCormick was like “We want to sponsor Influenster why don’t we have them give complimentary thyme” and thus Influenster had nowhere to put it so they were like him this is winter/Christmas-esque let’s put it in the Frosty VoxBox. Granted I’m girl that loves to cook so I use spices often. I absolutely love McCormick spices (about 2/3 of my spices are McCormick) so I’m not upset about getting this plus all I own is ground Thyme right now. So a bit confused on its presence but okay with it.

7. Fruit Vines Bites in Strawberry
            $2.99 (Walgreens)
I have never heard of these, but I’m excited to try them. These are from the makers of Red Vines (go figure with the name). I love Red Vines (I’m not a Twizzlers fan at all) so I’m excited to try this version of them, especially since they are bite sized!

8. EcoTools Hair Brush
            $10.99 (Walgreens.com)
Now I could be getting 1/3 different hair brushes. I will be getting either the Styler + Smoother, Full Volume, or Sleek + Shine brush. Since they are doing three different ones I won’t know which one I get until my box arrives. I’m personally hoping for Sleek + Shine brush because the other two are round brushes and this is more of the paddle variety. I personally have thick curly semi-course hair, so the Full Volume one is probably the one I least want because it’s better for fine to medium hair. I wouldn’t mind the Styler + Smoother one, but I’m just not the best at working with round brushes. No matter what brush I get I’m still excited because they are eco-friendly and good drugstore quality.

Overall Thoughts

These seem to be a mix between beauty and food, which is an interesting combination. I’m excited for almost all the products and I’m hoping the box arrives before Christmas (in case I don’t care for the tea my cousin is coming to visit for Christmas and she loves tea!). I think I’m most excited for the Rimmel products because I’m already a Rimmel fan for their foundations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author