Sunday, October 4, 2015

Washi Page Markers

Share it Please
So I have a not so secret washi addiction and another not so secret addiction to reading. However, I could never find the perfect solution to mark my page in a book, especially for long periods of time, until I came across this corner page marker on Pinterest of a bunny for Easter. I couldn’t help but think to myself, hmm just imagine if you used washi instead of the bunny design. Now I will say that this is not an original idea I did go on to see if there were other people who had this oh hey moment, and sadly I’m not much of an original thinker but here’s my tutorial on how to make an easy page marker

Items Needed:
  • Washi Tape
  • Old/Used Envelope(s)
  • Scissors
  • Ruler (Optional)
  • Marker/Pen/Pencil (Optional)


Steps:

Using your ruler measure the sides of the corner of an envelope at the same distance and create a mark with the writing utensil. I did one page marker at 1.5” and then 2.5” for the second page marker. You don’t have to use a ruler you can eyeball what looks to be equal lengths for both sides.

Then cut off the corner using the marked edges as a guide.


Next place the washi in strips over the envelope corner. 

Cut off excess, or you can leave a millimeter or so extra so the washi sticks together and no white shows. 



Then flip to the other side and repeat the washi process.

Now you have a cute and efficient page marker that won’t destroy your book!

It's simple and easy. I personally love using the fabric washi in my collection because it grips so much better and holds in place a little big better. Make sure to comment below and let me know if you tried it and how it turned out for you!

♥♥♥,
Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author