Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hots, Nots, and Everything In Between - Mascaras

Share it Please
I’m a makeup junkie but I’m very particular about which ones I like. I often have a quite a few open but I tend to rotate between the same four or five. So here’s my Hots and Nots and everything in between.

HOTS:

Maybelline Lash Sensational

This is by far my favorite drugstore mascara at the moment as you might be able to tell by the fact that there are two of them in the picture. I own both the Waterproof and the regular formula because I love both a lot. I tend to only wear the Waterproof if I know it’s going to be a long day or I know I’m going out (or if I workout). I wear the regular to work and if I’m just doing basic errands. This mascara gives me the length I’m looking for and good seperation. I think it’s natural enough to be worn during the day but still has that va-va-voom to be worn at night even without falsies.

Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volum’Express

This is another mascara that I own the waterproof version of. If I can say one thing about Maybelline’s waterproof mascara it’s that it is hard to take off. I tend to use coconut oil because it’s the only thing that will get it off my lashes without doing damage. I like this mascara because it gives a little more thickness (but not clumpy) to my lashes that the Lash Sensational doesn’t, and I do like that look occassionally and I especially love wearing this mascara with falsies.

Rimmel ScandalEyes Rockin’ Curves

I actually bought this when it was 40% off and as a double pack a few months back. This is a lot like the Maybelline Pumped Up but is not waterproof. This is my go-to for chilling in my car on days that I am running late and just don’t have the time to do my makeup. I wear mascara every day and having this in the car means I can put it on quickly before getting out of my car and going into work.

MEHS:

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless

There’s nothing wrong with this mascara. To be honest I use it quite often for work days because it’s got a very natural look to it. It lengthens my lashes but adds no volume to it. It is also a very black mascara. This is one that I will definitely repurchase because of how often I use it for work.

Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes

I don’t love or hate this mascara. Like the Rimmel Lash Accelerator it has a natural look to it. However, it’s not as dark or lengthening as I would like. I probably wouldn’t repurchase this again but I think this is the perfect mascara for teens and people who are just getting into wearing makeup.

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing

For some people this is their Holy Grail drugstore mascara. For me it has a nice look to it but I find that it flakes and smudges on my lower lash line. I just don’t have the patience for that. However, for the price I think it’s a decent mascara.

NOTS:

L’Oreal Lash Out Butterfly

I absolutely loved this mascara when I first got it. I thought it was going to be my holy grail. However, after about a month it started getting this weird smell to it and I threw it out right after I took the picture because it’s literally been sitting in my collection for a few months without me ever touching it. I get a very similar look (but better) from the Maybelline Lash Sensational and I haven’t gotten the weird smell from the Maybelline one and it’s been in use for a couple months now.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes

Once again this is a mascara some people swear by. I personally found that it didn’t do anything exciting for my lashes. For the price of this mascara I can find ones 10x as better than this for the same cost or even cheaper. It just doesn’t seem worth it to me.

Hard Candy Ginormous Lash Volumizing

Hard Candy products tend to be hit or miss (mostly miss), but this is one that takes the cake. It gives no volume or length. All it really does is darken the lashes. It is also very flaky and smudges extremely quickly on the lower lash line. I don’t know if it was just mine but it started having an off smell only two weeks after opening it.

Flower Cosmetics Extreme Measures Lengthening Mascara

Oh Drew Barrymore, how beautiful your packaging is on your products, but how off some of them can be. This is a basic mascara and I don’t think it does anything besides make the lashes look darker. I think this is a mascara that only pre-teens and teens who are wearing makeup for the first time would be interested in. Once again flakey and smudges.

HOLY GRAILS:

Urban Decay Perversion

Urban Decay is probably my favorite high-end makeup brand. I say this as I only own  a few things from Urban Decay but I absolutely love and use everything I own by them. I’ve heard that the Subversion co-piece to this mascara is awful, and honestly mascara primers aren’t something I personally would use. This does an amazing job of lengthening my lashes; it doesn’t budge at all throughout the day. The thing I love most about it is, the darkness it gives my lashes. Seriously if you want the blackest of black lashes this is the mascara to get. I absolutely adore this mascara.

Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant

I love this makeup as an everyday makeup look. I find it dark enough that my lashes look dramatic but not too long or clumpy where it doesn’t look like a more natural look for daytime. There’s just something about this mascara and the look it gives to my lashes that I love but just can’t put into words.


So there we are those are my hots, nots, and everything in between of my mascara collection. I’m thinking of doing this for a few other types of products in my collection. Hope this helps a little if you’ve been debating a product. If I did mention a product that you love and I didn’t, then we probably have different tastes and I feel each product works different for different people.

♥♥♥,

Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author