Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Pampered Face Routine

Share it Please
Everyone wants to feel pampered, especially women. Once every week or two I like to do a full pampering routine for my face. It's when I use expensive products that aren't from the drugstore that I've either bought or received in a subscription service that I've subscribed to. I will post a drugstore version of this that I do weekly that doesn't make me feel as pampered but is more of a refresher for my skin, but could be a pamper for you!

Pampered Skin

1. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Wipes:
         $5.97 - 25ct - Walmart

     This is the only product in my routine that is from the drugstore. I have yet to find a high-end makeup remover that gets off all my makeup, makes my skin feel good, and does something spectacular compared to this. Currently I'm using a Meijer generic version of this, but I've found that the generic version just doesn't compare. So when I run out of those I will repurchase this product because I use these wipes every night that I have worn makeup. I love how they feel, they aren't too harsh that it's irritating my skin but not so soft that I don't feel like they are doing a good job. They do have a scent to them but it's not too harsh on the nose nor does it make my eyes water.

2. First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser
         $20 - 5oz - Sephora

     This is by far my favorite cleanser right now. I want to give a big thanks again to Ingrid Nilsen (aka Miss Glamorazzi on YouTube) for introducing me to this product via her videos. I've mentioned this product before because I honestly think it's one of the best cleansers out there high-end and drugstore. It has a whipped creamy texture that's great for all skin types. It's good for sensitive skin and has been allergy tested and dermatologist approved. It's a gentle cleanser that really cleans the skin without hurting at all. It does include aloe but I don't think it has too much in it because I haven't had a bad reaction to it at all! I use this everyday both morning and night because I absolutely love it.
     I'm willing to spend the extra money for this face wash because it doesn't break me out and is extremely gentle. I have very acne prone skin, and constantly have breakouts and I've found that products that are medicated with salicylic acid & benzoyl peroxide which are the two most common acne fighting ingredients actually break me out more. I found that a gentle cleanser does more good for my acne then a medicated product. I also like that this is paraben, sulfate, and phthalate free.
     I use a nickle sized amount. I rub it between my fingers first to get it a little foamy before I go across my face with it rubbing in small circular motions before large circular motions.

3. LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask
         $6.95 - 2.1oz - LUSH Stores 

     This product is only available in LUSH stores because it is fresh and needs to be refrigerated. It does have an expiration date on it, lasting only about 20 days. I love this because it smells amazing, feels amazing, and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. I love that it's a vegan product. I have heard that it's often sold out in stores. I was lucky when I went into purchase this that they actually had five containers left. Though that was because they had recently gotten a shipment in and I was literally the first costumer of the day because we got to the mall so early. This does look pretty gross on the face but dang does it work well. Also forgive my hair I was about to get in the shower right after I snapped this picture.
     The next time that I go to LUSH I plan on to try out the Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask. I had really wanted to try out the BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask but do to an allergy to one of the ingredients I have to stay away. I also love that if you buy five of their products that are in tubs (for the most part) you can return the containers for a free Fresh Face Mask. This company tries to be as economically friendly as possible and I love it!

4. Être Belle Lip Lift
         $18 - .5oz - Glossybox.com

     I received this product in my March 2014 Glossybox. I've never really used a lip exfoliator before receiving this and haven't tried another since, so I don't have much to compare it too. It leaves my lips feeling really soft and removes the dead skin from them. I can definitely see buying a lip exfoliator or scrub in winter when my lips get really chapped. This product currently can only be bought through the German company that makes it. If I find that I like this product better then other lip exfoliators in the future I'm lucky enough that I can ask a friend to get it for me and mail it to me from Germany. I definitely think that having a lip exfoliator is key for a full face pamper because we often neglect taking care of our lips. We often only focus on them when we put makeup on them.

5. Lancer Eye Contour Lifting Cream
         $95 - .5oz - Bergdorf Goodman

     This is by far the most expensive product in my routine. I also use this every night, so it's not actually specifically for this routine. You're probably thinking "Why the heck would you spend $95 for an eye serum?" I actually have a sample .15oz version of this that I received in my May Glossybox. I have about four different eye serum samples from different subscription boxes, and this isn't even my most expensive one. I don't go through eye serum's very fast so I don't mind using one of my more expensive ones. I don't have wrinkles but I do get really dark circles under my eyes. I've noticed that they aren't as bad since I've started using this product. I haven't changed my sleeping schedule so I know it's not that. I would definitely suggest a cheaper eye serum/cream for people, simply because it's illogical to me actually spend $95 on an eye serum. However, I feel fabulous every time I put this on!

6. Kiehl's Panthenol Protein Moisturizing Face Cream
         $26 - 4oz - Bergdorf Goodman

     I talked about this product in my Should You Splurge? post. Again I use this every night. I have yet to find a face cream that I love as much as this one for the night time. I'm between two for my morning routine that are a lot more lightweight then this. I love that this has a thicker consistency and when I put it on my face it gets the job done. I always feel like my skin feels smooth as a baby's bottom when I wake up in the morning. This is on the pricier side, however, I have tried drugstore face lotions and I have yet to find one that I really like. I've had this product since June and I haven't even made a dent in it, and I don't go light on the amount I put on my face. Between this and the Lancer cream I know that I'm always going to wake up with healthy skin, even if it is acne riddled.

Final Thoughts:
I do these in the order I put them. I take off my makeup first. Cleanse my face to get any deep seated makeup and to really open my pores. Use my Cupcake mask, I leave it on for about 10 minutes, I like to leave masks the longest recommended time. Then I do my lips because I can apply a lip balm (no particular one so I didn't add it) afterwards. Then I do my eye cream and finish off with my moisturizer. Once all of this is done I settle in with a book before heading to bed.

♥♥♥,
Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author