Sunday, June 22, 2014

CoverGirl Bombshell Mascara Review

Share it Please
            I'm a mascara junkie, if there's one product that I refuse to leave the house without it's mascara. So recently influenster.com sent me CoverGirl's Bombshell Curvaceous by LashBlast Mascara. Aka, I did not pay for this mascara but at the same time I'm not being paid to write this review. I hadn't heard that they had come out with a new version of the Bombshell mascara so I was extremely excited to try it out.

 For me when it comes to mascara I look for a few specific things.
1. Is it clumpy?
2. Is it lengthening?
3. Do I have an allergic reaction to it?
4. How much does a full-sized product cost?

  So #3 is the most important to me. I don't have a lot of sensitivity to make-up products, except for some reason mascara. The only mascara I've found so far that I can't use Maybelline Great Lash. So if this gave me an allergic reaction it would be an automatic no for me. However, this mascara passed the allergy test so we are good to go!
  I've tried the original Bombshell Volume Mascara and I liked it but wasn't in love. Would I use it again, sure I don't let a decent mascara go to waste. Is it one that I would reach for automatically or buy again, probably not.
  So for me it was more of a comparison of the two products. So the mascara is double-sided which is a good idea for different wants.



The Products:
On the left is the new Curvaceous mascara and on the right is the original Bombshell mascara. The appearance is very similar. The only outward difference is how the numbers are designed. I love the pink color but find how chunky they are makes them hard to maneuver around the eyes. Out of the two I have to say the Curvaceous wins in looks, the numbers just make it look more fun and classy.

Side 1:

Now the first side is where the difference between the two is. On the left is the Curvaceous brush #1 and on the right is the Original brush #1. The Curvaceous mascara explains it's self with this brush. It's curved and on the average wand size. The Original mascara is a thicker wand. The top third is a bit tapered and as the bristles get closer to the top end they get smaller. I personally prefer the Curvaceous brush simply because it's thinner and easier to get into the corners of the eyes. However, it's downfall is that on my non-dominant hand side it's harder to maneuver near the corner of the eyes.

Side #2:
The second sides of the products are identical. It's your most common CoverGirl mascara wand out there. It's nothing special to me, and to be honest I don't really care for the wand. I don't use CoverGirl mascara's simply because I'm not a fan of this wand. It's hard to get the outer corners of my eyes with this wand.

End Thoughts:
  Its okay, not my favorite but it's not horrible. Personally there are other mascara's I like more. The curve definitely makes the mascara much better than the original version's. However, I found that the actual handle of the wand made it difficult to maneuver the wand how I wanted it to. The wands themselves didn't do anything special for me. When I did a rub test after the Mascara dried on my lids it did not flake. The mascara lasts quite a while and holds a curl fairly well. It is lengthening but it does clump a big and I don't really care for that.

Overall I give it a 3.5/5 for overall quality.

Hope you all had a great weekend and that you a great week!

♥♥♥,
Aub

P.S. I apologize for the pictures my camera is currently packed away in my college boxes (still), so I had to use my cellphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author