Monday, June 15, 2015

BoxyCharm vs Ipsy – The $11 difference.

Share it Please
Boxycharm and Ipsy are both beauty subscriptions that arrive around the middle of the month. Boxycharm is $21 and Ipsy is $10 per month.

Boxycharm

$21.00

Eslor Chlorophyll Lifting Mask
            $38.00

BellaPierre Cosmetics Kabuki Brush
            $29.99

Doucce Click Click Lipstick in Pink Spring (813)
            $24.00

The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream
            $16.00

ncLA Nail Lacquer
            $16.00
Total Worth - $123.99

Ipsy
$10

SheaMoisture Shea Butter Lip Crayon in Sarah
            $9.99

TrèStique Mini Shadow Crayon in Aspen Pine
            $10.66


Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
            $9


Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner
            $11.25


Pure Brazilian Miracle Leave-In Conditioner
            $6.00


Total Worth - $46.90

So is it worth spending a little over twice the amount of Ipsy for BoxyCharm? It is a matter of preference and budget. If budget isn’t too big of a deal for you I would definitely suggest BoxyCharm. BoxyCharm gives you 4 to 5 full-size items; there is the occasional deluxe size product. The worth of the box is almost always $90+ and includes makeup, skincare, and haircare. I’ve found that I tend to use quite a few more products personally simply because I put travel or trial sized products in one room where I normally don’t do my makeup.

If you do have a budget and just can’t see yourself spending $21 a month on something you’re not sure if you’re going to love, then Ipsy is a good option. I’ve had my Ipsy subscription for nearly two years now, and when my budget was tight it was a great option to try new products. Plus you get a free makeup bag which can be used for much more than just makeup (I’ll be doing an update on what they can be used for).

Ipsy often has more drugstore products and often are travel or trial-sized with the occasional full-size product. There is a little bit more customization since there is a quiz that you take. However, I personally don’t think the quiz or the reviews do much for your bag it’s a matter of chance. (I mean how many times can I get skincare products when I constantly say I don’t like them?)


If I had to choose one over the other I would pick BoxyCharm every time. I personally use more of the products and the value is much higher. Once again it’s all a matter of preference. Check back in a couple days for a full review on both subscriptions.

♥♥♥,
Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author