Monday, January 19, 2015

Ipsy January 2015

Share it Please
Hi Everyone,
           
It’s that time of the month again, Ipsy time! I’ve been debating the past couple months ending my Ipsy subscription, simply because I haven’t really loved most of the products. This month and next month are the determiners for keeping my subscription. If I don’t like them then I will be ending my subscription with Ipsy and trying a different one instead.

           
            Now that I have a job, I can actually use part of that money to get a little bit more expensive subscription service. I’ve been debating going back to Glossybox or trying Boxycharm. Even though they are about $11 more expensive. Although, I’m holding out hope for Ipsy to wow me enough in February that I will want to keep my subscription service with them.
  


The Bag

The bag is plastic and feels plastic. It is a color-block style one side is a gorgeous blue shade the other is white. The zipper and inside fabric are a pinky peach. It’s definitely a little bit more “modern” in its looks.

Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Ethereal

This eye shadow is normally part of a palette and cannot be bought separately. I love the packaging it came in. However, the actual container holding the product is a cheap plastic that I can see getting broken very easily. The actual eye shadow is fairly pigmented and a decent amount of creaminess for a drugstore brand (Target & Ulta carry this brand). I think this would be a gorgeous color for someone who is tanner than me. I’m so pale that this kind of looks non-existent. It’s a pretty shimmery off-white highlight shade even though it looks like a beige color in the packaging. I might try it as an inner-corner highlight or even a cheek highlight.

Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask
I’m kind of upset that I got this product. I have made sure that my quiz does not have skincare picked and I always give a Not For Me review on any skincare. I personally can’t use skincare items because of an acne regiment that my doctor put me on. So the fact that I keep getting skincare is kind of getting annoying.

(Malin+Goetz) Mojito Lip Balm

I am always willing to get lip balm. The smell is a bit minty, but that’s not surprising because mojito’s include mint. It’s a little bit sticky which I’m not the biggest fan of. It’s a liquid formula in a squeeze tube, so if you’re into a solid form of lip balm this might not be for you. I’m definitely going to try this out and see how it works since my lips do get really dry in the winter.

Probelle Nail Lacquer in Into the Blue

This nail polish claims to be a top quality, high gloss, and long lasting. It is also DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde Free. I’m not too picky about my nail polishes ingredients but I know a lot of people try to avoid those three ingredients. The polish itself is a pale baby blue, I’d say it’s probably a powder blue or sky blue color. I currently have it on my toenails simply because I got a manicure the day before I received my bag. It seems to wear pretty well. However, you do need at least two coats because it is a more sheer formula.

Hikari Eye Liner in Storm

This is a mechanical eyeliner in a medium grey color. The Ipsy site calls it a slate gray but I honestly don’t agree with them unless I really try to build the color with multiple swipes. I personally am getting sick of non-black eyeliners. I think the only eyeliner color besides black that I wear is dark brown for a softer look. I think the majority of the eyeliners I’ve received from Ipsy have been colors or greys and the blacks I’ve received have been glittery (with the exception of the Urban Decay eyeliner). I also don’t think it shows up that well on my lids, but it might just be me.

Overall Opinion:

Sadly, once again I’m not impressed. I don’t like the bag at all I think the color blocking looks bad personally. I think it would have looked better if they had done two colors instead of three. I honestly think that I will probably only use two of the products. The lip balm and the nail polish are the only ones that I was happy to see in my bag. If I can find a way to work with the eye shadow I might end up liking that as well. However, I’m not excited about the eyeliner I’ll probably pass this on to a younger cousin or it will just sit in my collection doing nothing. I’m extremely disappointed about getting the mask. I personally can’t use it and it’s so small that it’s only good for one maybe two uses.

Every time I look to see what other products get sent in various bags I question why I don’t seem to get them. For instance this month there was a liquid liner, a foundation primer, lipgloss, etc. Things that I would actually be able to use instead of something like a mask that I can’t use at all. I tend to not get the name brand items (they’ve had Glam Glow, Laura Mercier, and Tarte a few times in the past). It bugs me that for the past five months I’ve gotten a skincare type item, when I constantly say I don’t use/like them.

Unless Ipsy completely wows me next month, I think I’m going to end my subscription. It’s just getting to the point where I’m not even impressed by the bags. Honestly, I want products that I will use and I’m not really getting that with Ipsy. I did redeem my ipsyPoints so I already know that I’m getting a Figs & Rogue Hand Cream in the Rose Berry scent. I received the Mango scent back in October and honestly didn’t care for the smell all that much, but I had heard from others that got the Rose Berry that it smelled amazing. I like how my skin feels after using this cream but since I didn’t care for the smell I originally got I don’t use it all that often.

I’m also getting the Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths. I received these also in my October Ipsy bag and honestly I have yet to try them so I don’t know if I like them or not. However, even if I don’t love them as long as I don’t have an allergic reaction I always use up my cleansing cloths. Even if I do have an allergic reaction I have family members with less allergies and sensitive skin that would use these up. I had 525 ipsyPoints and I knew that next month will probably be my last with Ipsy so I wanted to use them up, and Ipsy was offering them each for 250 points. Some of the other options were a leave in cream for hair at 500 points; Ayres body butter (which I can’t stand) and the mango scent each for 250 ipsyPoints.


Tell me what you got in you Ipsy bag if you get one. Also if you have any suggestions for new beauty subscriptions that don’t have a lot of or any skincare products please let me know.

♥♥♥,
Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author