Tuesday, February 10, 2015

January 2015 Favorites

Share it Please
Hi Everyone,

January flew by so fast for me. I think a lot of it had to do with finally getting a job and having something to do with my day so I don’t sit around with my thoughts. January allowed me to find some new favorites, especially with it being the season of new products from the drugstore. So I’ve been trying new products lately, so be on the lookout for reviews of various new products!

Without further-ado my January 2015 favorites!


Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation in 15 Ivory



I love this foundation because it’s light weight and has a decent amount of coverage. Most importantly it makes my skin feel so smooth. I wore this on Christmas day and my aunt wouldn’t stop saying how it my skin looked flawless, and at the time I was going through a horrible breakout. It might just be my Holy Grail mascara. The only downsides to it are the price and the smell. It also has an interesting application type thing that makes it extremely difficult to work with so I tend to just pour a little bit from the actual bottle onto the back of my hand and use it that way.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer in Fair


If I’m being completely honest I hated this product when I first tried it. Mainly because my skin was reacting horrible to an acne treatment my doctor put me on and whenever I used this my skin would burn all day. I ended up quitting the treatment and have no reaction whatsoever to this product. It’s not a holy grail, because it doesn’t fully cover my under-eye circles. However, I think it does a good job, I just wish it was cheaper. It blends amazingly and because I got it in fair I can wear this without any foundation if I don’t want a full out makeup look.

e.l.f. Essential Pressed Clarifying Pressed Powder in Honey


I picked this up to try as a contour/bronzer. I figured for $1 it was worth the try. I love using this as contour/bronzer on my more natural makeup days. It gives just a little extra color to my face to bring the shadows in and give me a slightly more sculpted look.

L’Oreal 24HR Infallible Eye Shadow in Endless Sea


I won this back in November on Listia.com. I had never tried an Infallible shadow before but was excited to get one for free. I absolutely love this color. I often go for a brown or gray based shadow look for everyday but this is the perfect color for when I go out to the bar or even when I just want to spice up a look. I love how long it lasts and how pigmented it is.

Milani Shadow Eyez in Golden Bronze


I’m not sure if this shade is available anymore, but I did get it at the Dollar Tree. I’m off and on about Milani products, I love some and I hate some. I love this product for a dash of bright bronze in an eye look. It’s the perfect amount of shimmer if you don’t want a matte look. It’s also really great as a base. Plus the texture is extremely creamy but it dries to stop from transferring on the lid.

Maybelline Color Sensational the Buffs Lip Color in Maple Kiss


I got this in my Winter Walmart Beauty Box a few months ago and honestly didn’t care for the color at first. However, this has really grown on me. I love to wear this on days that I’m not working, aka the days I’m running errands and visiting my great grandma. I love to do the little mattifying trick with this where you use a sheet of Kleenex (pull it apart to make it 1-ply) and then using a translucent powder brush it over the lips. This lasts quite a few extra hours that way!

NYC Expert Last Lipstick in Sugar Plum


Like the Maybelline I didn’t think I would like this lippie at first. However, I was again wrong. I got this in my #FrostyVoxBox from Influenster and already loved the Expert Last Lipstick line but this wasn’t as matte as the others, however it is just as amazing as the others. If there’s one drugstore lipstick brand I would recommend to people it’s this one. It’s definitely a great formula in my opinion.

Real Techniques Brushes



I’m a little late jumping on the Real Techniques bandwagon. I used to use elf brushes exclusively, but I figured I’d ask for a more “pamper” worthy group of brushes for Christmas. The three pictured are my favorite ones that I own. The face brush is my favorite one to use for applying foundation, I might even like it more than my Beauty Blender (*Gasp*). I like using the little foundation brush from the travel essential collection as an under eye concealer brush. I will definitely be buying more of these in the future!

Crown Brush Deluxe Infinity Shadow/Crease Brush


Ever since I got this in my Ipsy bag a few months back I have been using it like crazy. I love using the smaller end for smudging out shadows and liners below my lower lash line. The actual shadow brush portion is great for packing shadow onto the lid.

Pampers Sensitive Skin Baby Wipes


This is my honorable mention / bonus product. I’m not a mother nor do I have any babies anywhere near me. However, I picked these up as a cheaper version of makeup wipes. I mean if it’s good enough for a babies bum it should be good enough for my face, right?! I absolutely love using these to remove my makeup and to wipe off swatches. They don’t take off waterproof makeup but honestly how many makeup wipes do? I would suggest making the switch to these. You get around 56 wipes for $2 instead of 25 for $5.

I hope February is a great month for you all! It’s started off good for me, and I can’t wait to get back into the swing of blogging more often and trying new products. What are you looking forward to this February?

♥♥♥,

Aub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow The Author